Halloween night has become a ritual to watch a movie in most households. After a long day of going from house to house with your little one's trick or treating, it's so nice to wind down in the night and relax on the sofa with candles and a roaring fire. Anyway, we would like to share different ways in how to have a Halloween themed movie night, with one of the ways weather permitting!
1. The Location
The first decision we recommend making is deciding WHERE to host your Halloween movie night! You may decide to sit beside the fire and put your feet up, or you may be adventurous! If you decide to go spooky, and watch a movie outdoors, we recommend setting up a projector out the back garden with pumpkins lit up- the ideal Halloween feel!
2. Choice Of Food
As always, you can just never go wrong with chocolate snacks and of course popcorn! Why not place your popcorn inside our Food Wraps? Turn our medium size wrap into a cone by grabbing a corner and folding into cone shape. You can fold down at the top to secure. These cones are handy for many other snacks such as pretzels or crisps! The beeswax wrap cones give a fun snacking experience for kids and they are reusable too!
3. Create The Cozy Atmosphere
There is no need to over-decorate your house at all, but as mentioned above, we do recommend some light-up pumpkins around the house definitely! Our Beeswax Dipped Candles are also the perfect addition to the movie night and will produce a warm glow to keep you cozy!
4. Make it smell like Halloween!
Lighting those pumpkins hours before the movie will enhance that Halloween smell and experience if you like! We recommend lighting the pumpkin in the room two hours before you plan to sit down and watch the movie!!
Whatever you have going on around the Halloween period, I hope you enjoy it. We would love to see photos of your Halloween movie night, please do send them on!
It's coming towards that time of the year again where the temperatures plummet, fevers become more prominent, and gas and heating bills stagger! As we approach these seasonal changes I thought I'd share some tips on how to stay warm and cozy, in a more sustainable way!
1) Bring the Outside Environment Inside
If you are an outdoorsy person who loves to be surrounded by nature the cooler and darker days can feel gloomy. They don't need to be! You can introduce plenty of nature into your home through botanical prints and plants. Displays of warm-toned seasonal flowers such as dahlias and mum flowers are perfect for introducing some Autumn styling. Also, dried plants such as pampas grass and wheat mixed with flowers are a great long-lasting sustainable option.
2) Baking Your Favourite Treats
The Autumn and Winter months are an ideal time to wind down and bake! Not only do you get to indulge in your artisan baked goods, it's also quiet therapeutic to bake, especially on a cold or wet afternoon. Imagine the smell of a freshly baked apple tart, a warm pudding dessert or your favourite bread. That's proper comfort food! And if you want your bread to last longer, our Millbee Reusable Bread Wraps work great.
3) The Treasure of Beeswax Candles
Candles generate a fair amount of warmth, but most importantly add that extra special presence of light to your home! As referenced in the introduction, heating bills are skyrocketing. Candles can help to add a warm ambiance to your home. Millbee's beeswax candles give the warmest glow. In fact, beeswax candles emit light that is similar to the light spectrum of sunlight!
4. Warm & cozy fabrics
Covering yourself with a quality throw will help regulate your body temperature, keeping you warm and cosy during the Autumn and Winter. Check out Mc Nutt of Donegal, they sell a beautiful range of soft soft merino lambswool throws with lots of warm tones. Wearing Slippers and wool socks are another way to add coziness or hygge in your home! Check out these sustainable wool slippers from Reuzi
5. Introduce warm and comforting scents
When it comes to Autumn, earthy, citrus and spicy scents come to mind. You can introduce warm scents through a diffuser or scented candles. We're currently working on new scented candles for the upcoming season and we are really excited to showcase these products to you! If you would like to be the first to know when we launch these new scent additions subscribe to our newsletter below.
Millbee's scented candles will be launched this Autumn. We are using a blend of natural waxes and essential oils (not fragrance)! Can't wait to share!
Looking for inspiration to decorate your table this Autumn?
We are delighted to team up with talented designer and stylist Sarah from Retwiggd to bring you an Autumn table setting. Sarah created the most beautifully styled table using Millbee's beeswax candles, organic napkins, flowers from her garden, old bottles, and vintage pots.
The warm Autumn colours add a lovely cozy ambiance to the table.
Shortly after Sarah styled her table using Millbee's products I watched her give a masterclass for Inside Out Homeshow - an online home, garden and lifestyle event supporting charity FRIENDS OF THE COOMBE.
So here's what I learned:
1. Mix & Match. For me this is both practical and looks beautiful. You can create an eclectic look with vintage jars, crockery and basically just use what you have. Sarah moved around pieces then stood back to see if they looked right. It's good to take a bit of time to set the table. Perhaps treat it as a ritual!
2. Create Symmetry. When you place everything on the table observe them against each other. Do some pieces look too big or tall? Using smaller vases is a good idea if you don't want to obstruct people's view sitting across from each other.
3. Color. It's good to have a color scheme in mind. Flowers, candles or squashes are ideal for creating a beautiful warm Autumnal color scheme.
4. Texture. When it comes to design and styling I always try to consider texture especially because we're all about nature here in Millbee. I loved to see Sarah break away from the traditional tablecloth and leave the wooden table exposed. You can add layers and texture using table-mats, a table runner or napkins. She also shared some creative techniques on how to fold napkins.
If you would like to get started on creating a seasonal display or gift to your favorite food lover we have 5% OFF Millbee's Food Lovers Giftset - Use the code TABLE5