How to care for your beeswax wraps
Care for your Beeswax Wraps
Your Millbee Wraps are made from all natural goodness: organic cotton, Grade A Beeswax, Organic Jojoba Oil and natural Tree Resin. With proper care, Millbee’s Wraps will last up to 1 whole year. You can then pop them into your compost to decompose.
How to Clean your Beeswax Wraps
- Wash in cold water with a mild eco detergent such as Lilly’s Eco Clean.
- Use a non-abrasive sponge, cloth or soft brush to gently clean.
- You don’t need to wring out the wrap as this will damage the beeswax.
- Simply let drip dry and then fold to pop into a drawer or use again!
And if you don’t need to clean your wrap, then don’t! Just wipe off any crumbs and fold up for reusing later.
Please note that some staining is natural as some fruits and veg such as beetroot and pomegranates with strong colouring will slightly stain. This does not damage the wraps or affect the quality of the Beeswax. Pigmented spices such as Turmeric will also cause staining if it comes into close contact with the wraps.
What to Avoid
- Avoid washing in warm or hot water. This will cause the Beeswax to soften and melt away!
- Don’t put in the dishwasher, microwave or oven as the heat will damage the wraps.
- Avoid harsh scrubbing when washing.
- Do not wring dry as this will damage the beeswax.
- Don’t leave them anywhere hot to dry, such as over a tap with running hot water.
- Avoid wrapping hot food and ensure that it’s at room temperature before wrapping.
- Avoid covering raw meat or fish directly with the wraps.
We hope you enjoy using Millbee’s Wraps! Please let us know if you have any further queries by contacting us below.